Thursday, January 7, 2016

Happy 6th Gotcha Day to Pandora and My Birthday!


6 years ago today, I was supposed to adopt a different cat through a private rescue. Unfortunately, the day I was supposed to drive out to get him it all fell through. I received an email that he wasn't neutered yet and didn't even have any vaccines. The owner of the "rescue" had lied to me and at the last minute told me she would not be able to adopt him out. I was really upset and felt that she was being seriously shady because as far as I knew from everything she told me, he was good to go.

It was my birthday and on a whim, I stopped by the local animal shelter in Reno with a friend. We wandered around and looked through all the cages and the very last one, there was a filthy, little green eyed kitty wanting to make friends with me. It was love at first sight and in that moment I knew that everything, absolutely everything happens for a reason. Pandora was meant to be mine.

Pandora is my heart kitty. She is the reason I was able to pick myself up and move on after Chloe passed away. She is truly a beautiful spirit. She's fun and loving. Everyone who has ever met Pandora has fallen in love with her. She's the best cat I've ever had.

Happy 6th Gotcha Day little girl!




25 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had a kitty! She is just gorgeous! Happy Gotcha Day to Pandora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I really should include them more on the blog. I talk about them more on FB. :D Thank you! She's very special.

      Delete
    2. Oh I suck - I didn't see that it was your birthday too. Happy Birthday to you!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Pandora! I wanna adopt a sweet cat like Pandora one day. :) Happy Gotcha Day and Happy Birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! Happy Gotcha Day to her and Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, she was definitely meant to be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a pretty kitty. Happy birthday to you and Happy Gotcha Day to her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day to Pandora, what a lucky kitty she is. And Happy Birthday to you Lauren, it seems that year you got the perfect birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♪♪Happy Gotcha Day to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Gotcha Day to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Gotcha Day Dear Pandora,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Gotcha Day to you.♪♪

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right that everything happens for a reason and there is order in the universe. Happy gotcha day to a lovely felinel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotcha Day to Pandora and A Very Happy Birthday to you Lauren! Have a great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's gorgeous! Such a good birthday present for yourself :) Happy birthday and gotcha day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is a very gorgeous cat! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is gorgeous! Don't you just love how it all works sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I read this, I had to take a double-take and check and see what blog I was reading lol. I never, ever knew you had a cat either! She is gorgeous! Happy, Happy Gotcha Day sweet girl and Happy Happy Birthday to YOU! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birfday/GOTCHA!

    Keep Calm & Bark On,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday Lauren! Happy gotcha day Pandora!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so pretty! Happy Gotcha Day to Pandora, and happy birthday, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pandora is utterly gorgeous.. I love her beautiful eyes! You are so right, everything does happen for a reason. You were definitely meant to be gifts to each other! Happy Birthday, Lauren! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday, Lauren! Wow, Pandora is probably the best birthday present ever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's wonderful that Pandora's Gotcha Day is the same as your birthday! Happy Gotcha Day and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday and happy Gotcha Day Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Gotcha Day, and Happy Borthday!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pandora is such a beauty, and what a wonderful story of a perfect birthday gift to yourself! Happy Gotcha Day to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!