Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Phoenix's Embark DNA Test! (not sponsored)


I've been waiting 7 years to know what sort of breed mix Phoenix is! We finally decided to run a DNA test through Embark! Embark tests for over 250 breeds and is one of the leading companies in canine genetics. I've had quite a few friends run Embark tests on their dogs and were happy with their results which is another reason we chose this company. You can learn more about them by clicking on the link.



We got our kit around the first of the year and have been waiting three long weeks for her results! We finally got them back and I'm so excited to share them with everyone!

You can find Phoenix Embark profile by going here: Phoenix




Phoenix's results make absolute sense to us. We thought she might have Australian Cattle Dog in her but we weren't sure since we never got the chance to meet her parents.


When Phoenix was young, she had boundless amounts of energy. I used to spend every last free second I had working with her. We'd go to the park when I got off work and spend 3+ hours exercising and training. Then we'd come home and train some more. She was still ready to work  often until bedtime. She is one of the most challenging dogs I've ever worked with or lived with but she has always been 100% worth it. Having a dog that practically reads your mind and wants to do everything you want to do is so much fun. I just love her to pieces and was super excited to get her DNA test.

Have you ever done a DNA test on your dog? Did you get any surprising results?

5 comments:

  1. As I started this post, I asked myself what she looked like - and my gut was Australian Cattle Dog. Ha - it's the first time I've ever been right. Hachi has a lot of Australian Cattle Dog, German Shepherd, Lab, and Pittie. I didn't guess right at all for him. We used Embark too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! What a neat thing to know! I have not been tested, but I know that I am 100% Ojo. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely saw terrier in you! It takes one to knows one, rights??! BOL!! I knows I am 100% Airedale, so no surprise there! BOL! I thinks if I was mixed, I would surely wants to know! Butts, no matter what you are, you are FABulous!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! Ruby is a good part rat terrier as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!