Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tug-a-jug Puzzle Toy - Tasty Tuesday!


 

To continue my series of puzzle toys we love, today's post features the "Tug-a-jug" toy.


In previous blogs, I featured Kongs and the Kong Wobbler so if you haven't seen those posts check them out. :)We love our puzzle toys! I think it's one of the coolest things you can provide for your dog. Mental stimulation is so important and puzzle toys make it easy for the human.

The tug-a-jug toy is a toy I really like. It's a plastic "jug" with a rubber top with a hole and a rope coming out of it. The bottom unscrews so you can poor the treats into it. Just make sure the knot of the rope is covering the hole at the top. The tug-a-jug comes in three handy sizes: small, medium and large. I highly recommend getting the proper size for your dog.


We have the medium sized one and it fits in Zoe's mouth perfectly but it is too big for Phoenix. Phoenix can't pick it up properly and it just doesn't work for her. I think she'd like it more if she could pick it up.

Zoe can pick it up and has no problems with it.

 It's definitely a more challenging puzzle toy!


Zoe actually picks the thing up by the bottom and turns it over dropping some of the kibble out!

I've had this toy for nearly three years and it's still completely intact. Zoe is not easy on her toys but she's also not as destructive as some dogs, either. She's probably in the middle. I never leave any puzzle toys down when they are unattended. This toy does not work for Phoenix, she will not play with it but I honestly feel like it's just too big for her and that a small would be better.

I would also like to note that this product was made by Premier Pet Products and they were recently sold to Pet Safe. If you have a problem with aversive training tools and don't want to give your money to a company that makes shock collars then don't buy this. I purchased mine before they were sold. It really isn't a big deal to me and I buy whatever toys perk my dogs interests regardless of the company. :)


Does your dog have a favorite puzzle toy? We love to read your thoughts! Please comment below!

This post is not sponsored.



17 comments:

  1. We love puzzle toys! that looks fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Zoe really likes it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What a cool puzzle toy! I keep thinking I need to make a puzzle toy for my Chewy. He's a bored little terrier, which is never good. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puzzle toys are great! Both girls really enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. This is one I haven't tried. Thank you for including the note about PetSafe's aversive products. We love puzzle toys and although I do try to steer clear of retailers and manufacturers of shock collars, I make the occasional exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I totally understand! :D All the Premier products are now Petsafe so that includes their clickers and bait bags, too! It's kind of crazy.

      Delete
  4. What an interesting toy! I haven't seen one like this before! My huskies love puzzle toys too!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's a challenging one, too! Zoe really likes it. Thank you again for including me in your blog post today!! :D I will get mine up on Thursday!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous review! This looks like a winner! I have a Shetland Sheepdog who is super bright and I like toys that challenge him.He currently has KONG treat toys but this one looks like one I should give a try. Thanks for sharing with us! Barks and licks and love Dakota http://www.dakotasden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! We love Kong products, too! :D Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Yeah, it really is. Zoe likes it a lot! :D Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PAWsome. It looks like its tough but its a WINNER! I might get this for Sugar ... she's very quick on figuring out to take the treats out. Golden Thanks for sharing. Happy Tasty Tuesday. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
  8. We dont always use puzzle toys for their intended purpose, but we love them all the same!! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so funny. We also tested the Tug-A-Jug last week and my dogs couldn't have cared less. Go figure . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, Phoenix doesn't like it either, but I think it's because she can't pick it up. her mouth is smaller than Zoe's. Zoe is just determined to get food and won't give up until she figures it out. I have a hard time finding any puzzle toys that actually challenge her.

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!