Friday, May 22, 2015

Crazy for Bunnies on Fit Dog Friday


This week we only managed to get to Thousand Acres so I don't have any fun hiking places to tell you about. The girls and I did manage to finish our 30 miles in 30 days challenge, though. We did it in 7 days and I still have the rest of this month to rack up more miles for it.


In addition to going to Thousand Acres, we also did some wobble board at home and played with the flirt pole. Phoenix has sort of lost her drive for the flirt pole so I need to work on building that back up. 


In other news, Phoenix recently discovered bunnies. She's been having a fantastic time hunting them. Luckily she isn't very good at it and hasn't caught any but it's good exercise! Both of the girls have gone crazy for the scent of bunnies, crashing through the brush and bushes looking for them. It's really interesting because Phoenix has never cared that much about prey animals before. Now that she's figured out she likes to hunt I have to work on impulse control with her but it shouldn't be too hard. I will keep everyone updated on how it goes.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!


16 comments:

  1. Discovering bunnies ruined my life. Once I found them, off leash ended for me. I would run for miles and hours sniffing them out. I've caught over twenty in my yard, being an excellent hunter. I'm sure your girls will be better behaved than I am with listening while chasing wabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Tino loved to chase bunnies too...eventually she's going to catch one, so be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Zoe has killed two squirrels so I know. It's always sad, though!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on finishing your challenge so quickly! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, looks so fun to frolic around in such long grass, haha. Love the pics.

    sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to watch out for little critters, we've worked so hard on controlling their prey drive impluses that one bunny and i'm sure all would go to heck! :-)

    NO bunnies for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe has actually gotten a couple of squirrels before and after that she was really calm. Like, okay my job is done. It was the weirdest thing. We work on prey drive all the time, though but just with her because Phoenix has never showed any interest. I have been able to call Phoenix off all sorts of prey before so this obsession is very interesting! Digging her out of blackberry bushes less so. LOL

      Delete
  7. Wow congrats on 30 miles in 7 days. They look like they are having fun. I'm sure Kilo would love to chase bunnies but he is never allowed off leash. Plus I used to keep pet bunnies so I'd get upset if he got close and they might hurt his eyes as they would be almost as big as him and some wild ones can scratch and bite..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bunnies are one of Nola's biggest chase triggers. Took an assload of work to get her to recall off them and focus when around them. I'm so jealous of that park!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on completing your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good reminder about the flirt pole. We haven't had ours out for a while. I bet Rocco would love to chase bunnies, but we don't see any around us... just lots of squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my pups enjoy hunting bunnies in the fields, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! My huskies are the same way with squirrels! They sure love to chase, but never catch! haha!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!