Friday, May 8, 2015

Fit Dogs Under The Rainbow!



This week we've been mostly just walking out at Thousand Acres. Yesterday morning it was raining off and on but the sun came out and there was a brilliant rainbow off in the distance. It was fading fast and I was only able to capture a bit of it.



The wild flowers are blooming like crazy. It's so fun to find them and pose the dogs with them.


The lupines are one of my most favorite flowers!



Phoenix played in the water and fetched the stick a bunch of times! She's getting so much better about being in water! The pond is now so low that she can pretty much touch the bottom across the whole thing! Even though the pond being low is sort of a bummer, I think it's good because Phoenix is getting a lot more confident.


A bunch of dogs showed up and there were no people in sight. I'm assuming it was one of the dog walkers with a huge pack (there were 8 or 9 dogs) because I could hear someone whistling. A couple of the dogs stole Phoenix's stick but she got it back eventually.


Zoe went into the water a little bit but she didn't feel like fetching sticks. 


After they were done playing in the water both dogs had a serious case of zoomies and ran around for quite a while. It was so funny! 

This week we did 20.85 miles and we still have today and tomorrow left! Today will be another Thousand Acre walk and then tomorrow is my most favorite event in Portland. It's Doggie Dash! I'm so excited. All of the proceeds from the event go to the humane society where I rescued both of the girls so it's definitely a worthy cause. Tomorrow I'm going to post a couple of throwback pictures from the last time we went and then I will have the full details from our day on Monday.

Also, I joined a "30 miles in 30 days" challenge on the app that tracks our walks and I have less than 10 miles left to complete it. That's pretty awesome. We are doing really great! 

I hope you all have an amazing weekend!



19 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow picture, that was really cool. You have such wonderful places to walk, I am sure you will get you last few miles in easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pictures where it looks like the dogs are not subject to gravity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos. You are such a talented photographer. I always adore your snapshots, one again, good job!! And I also love how lean your dog's are. Their waists are great!

    sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like great fun especially with a swim to cool off and retank the energy levels! Thanks for joining the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD, you gurls are SO LUCKY!!! A pond, a stick, AND treaties??? jealous!!
    Loves the zoomie shot!!!! Are you sure you gurls don't have wings???
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the rainbow photo and she is sure having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that rainbow photo. That needs framed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and the video of Phoenix fetching sticks in the pond was so cute! It's all fun and games until someone steals your stick, lol! Glad she got it back though.

    Have fun tomorrow! Those events are so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phoenix would definitely agree with you! She gets so upset when other dogs take her sticks! LOL

      Delete
  9. You take some amazing photos. Love the rainbow shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great way to get her used to the water...great shots of the spring flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go!! I love seeing Phoenix in the water having fun... but I have to say that 8-9 dogs loose with a professional dog walker does not sound cool. Argh. But you didn't let it bother you!!!! Love the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel the same way about the dog walkers! It's pretty common out there, though and I agree with you. I think it's really ridiculous and unprofessional. We came across another dog walker a while ago who had lost one of her client dogs for a few miles and didn't even know she was missing! Luckily she was with us and we were able to get her back!

      Delete
  12. The rainbow picture is really pretty! It can be tough to capture those :-) I'll have to agree with what KB Bear said ~ a professional dog walker lets their client dogs' run around unsupervised? Yikes! I'd be out of business if I did that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big thousand acre off leash park, however, I completely agree with you. I think it's really unprofessional to not know where your client dogs are! We see it all the time out there, though! One of the dog walkers lost a dog for a couple of miles and didn't even notice the dog was gone, luckily she hung out with us and we were able to get her back to where she was supposed to be.

      Delete
  13. That is a great video. Phoenix is quite the stick fetcher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that last picture! Looks like you've had a great week for walking. I wish Barley would start embracing the water--she'll dip her toes in, but I can't get her to get any farther in to cool off on hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, you are so fabulous at taking photos!!!! I have a lot to learn yet! haha!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!