Saturday, October 7, 2017

Happy 5th Gotcha Day to Phoenix!


It was 5 years ago today, that my friend and I went to meet a scared little dog that looked a lot like Zoe! Click here to read her full adoption story: Phoenix's Adoption Story

In 5 years I have learned so much from this dog. At first, I didn't like her that much but she's grown into my heart dog and I'm so thankful to have her in my life!


Phoenix has made so much progress in the last two years and I am so thankful for the opportunities my job has offered us in terms of classes and working with trainers who are well versed in behavior.

If you had told me a year ago that Phoenix would be doing play groups, making her own friends and would be successfully making new friends out in the real world, I would of laughed at you and asked what you were smoking and why aren't you sharing? I never thought she'd ever be able to do play groups, let alone have friends outside of our home.

I am very happy to report that every week she continues to do better and she amazes me with her ability to learn, adjust and be forgiving of my mistakes. I am the luckiest dog mom!


Every birthday girl needs presents, right!? We took Phoenix to the pet store yesterday and she got to pick out a new toy and we got her and Zoe some bully sticks! We have a work meeting today but after, we're going to go get some ice cream. I can't believe I've had her for 5 years!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray! She's such a good girl--and you're such a good mama for giving her so many opportunities to thrive. i'm glad you're getting to celebrate together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Phoenix,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 5th birfday Phoenix! Sounds like you are gonna have a wonderful celebration!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Gotcha Day, Phee!!!! I wish that I had a dog training place near me like yours! I see you as being a lot like Shyla, and I wonder what how far she might come if she had opportunities like yours (and a mom with as much training acumen as yours)!

    Sorry to be late but I have to say Happy Happy Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog today. Phoenix looks like she could be a sister to my Tucker (but my boyfriend would tell you that I think all dogs look like Tucker) and Zoe looks like she could be his cousin!

    I recently started a blog about living with 4 rescue dogs and I'm loving how many pet blogs it has introduced me to already. My girl Nala sounds similar to Pheonix (she has severe separation anxiety and can be reactive. but I'm lucky in that she is eager to learn and a good listener in general) and I am bookmarking your blog now so I can go through all your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!