Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Shuffle Bone Puzzle Toy - Tasty Tuesday


Today I am continuing my puzzle toy series with the Shuffle Bone Puzzle Toy

If you haven't already, check out my previous puzzle toy posts: kongs, kong wobbler and tug-a-jug.



I got this toy when I was at a feed store in Oregon. I thought it looked interesting and the girls do use it. You can hide treats or kibble inside and they have to push it open to get them. I think it's a pretty easy puzzle toy.. It only kept Phoenix busy for about 3 minutes, although I could of reloaded it.


One of the major downsides to this is that it's made from particle board. It is a huge pain to clean. I also don't recommend leaving this down when dogs are unattended because they could chew it up pretty easily and particle board should not be ingested. I also read on amazon that one of the reviewers had a problem with their toy having a sharp edge and their dog got cut. My toy does not have any sharp edges and I've never had any kind of issue with it in that regard.


My cats have gotten use out of it, too.. So the fact that it can be used for both dogs and cats is a good thing. I'm always looking for new ways to entertain my cats!


Here's a short video of Phoenix using the toy. I'm sorry my camera went blurry for a second. It's having issues with focusing.

I personally don't think I'd buy this toy again, to be completely honest. I think it's an okay toy if you are just starting out using them and your dog is not puzzle toy savvy. I think it would be a good way to get them started in using their brain to get at the food. My girls are bit more advanced and they need more challenging toys. 




12 comments:

  1. This looks like a super cool toy! Have you made any of your own puzzle toys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No we haven't made any of our own yet. Well unless you count paper towel rolls folded up with food in them. :D I want to, though!

      Delete
  2. Dakota LOVES puzzle toys! He has a few by Nina Ottosson and loves them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls do, too! I will have to check Nina Ottosson out! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. That looks like a great puzzle toy! I understand what you mean about it being hard to clean though ;-/
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's okay. I wish I could find a toy that kept them busy for a longer time! :D

      Delete
  4. I have 3 from Nina Ottoson that are okay for everyone but Nola. I can never find anything difficult enough for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny, we have one of those too! We don't use it anymore though, Bain chewed up the wood when he wasn't able to figure out how to get the treat at first.

    It worked for a while but when he started to get it it was just too easy afterwards.

    Also, when he bit / chewed it some of the sliders didn't work from the grooves from his teeth.

    - Gogo Dogo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to get a Nina Ottoson game or three but they're very expensive to get delivered to New Zealand ... most things are :( I do have a Kong Wobbler which is too easy, lol. I have done the muffin tin game with Frankie, must try it with Beryl and Asher when I get a new stock of tennis balls!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for commenting!
All comments are being moderated for spam.
Thank you for understanding!